Sunday, July 16, 2006

Tedious Waiting

What's annoying to report is - there's nothing new to report. My right testicle is still giving twinges when it's caught - however lightly - from underneath at a certain angle. Also there' s an ache, varying from dull to moderately-nagging, that keeps recurring in the right side of my groin, very similar to the unpleasant "pulling" twinges I felt on that side during the operation. Sometimes this goes away completely for several hours, and sometimes it's omnipresent. At other times it simply gives a few short stabbing twinges and then subsides again. But it's never anywhere near severe enough to disrupt or prevent sleep, or to prompt me to take painkillers. Neither are there any visual signs - no swelling, discolouration, discharge, or whatever. Which I'm hoping is a good sign. The literature does state that some men experience dull aches and twinges for possibly several months following surgery, and it's still just over three weeks since my op. So I'll just have to wait and see what happens next.

No comments: