Wednesday, July 05, 2006

30 hours post-op

June 23rd 2006

Well the crepe bandage dressing started to loosen today, so I removed it. The urologist had said it could be removed today. I'd slept OK last night, just a couple of paracetamol kept everything comfortable enough for a reasonable night's sleep. Under the crepe bandage there was a blue gauze pad, which seemed to be stuck to - presumably - the wounds, so I've left it in place so as not to tug on the stitches after so short a time. Best leave it all to heal in peace for another day before trying to ease the pad away.

I've definitely had more achey pain today. Thankfully I've been off work so I've been able to just sit around reading for most of the day. Going to the loo seems to involve a few twinges whilst removing briefs and jockstrap, but nothing excessively painful.

There doesn't seem to be too much swelling, and the bruising looks more red than "black and blue". So far. I dare say it'll pass through a technicolour stage at some point.

So nothing particularly unpleasant to report, but it's oddly reassuring that I'm not getting off completely scot-free, pain-wise, as seemed to be the case late last night!

More tomorrow, or if anything noteworthy happens (hope not!).

1 comment:

Catbert said...

I wish that I had a crepe bandage for the first few days. But oh well. I had a struggle using the loo as well. good thing the pain meds I was on caused constipation. I took the baid-aids off on day 4. Just after my 1st shower. It was short, but needed and I sat on the couch with my bag of peas for a good 2 hours afterwards. Lots of swelling for the 1st five days for me. I took 4 days off work and on the 5th went back. I drive a truck for a living and it was very painful getting around all day.
I did get rid of the briefs & jock after that, and went to the jock under boxers. perfect.