Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Four days post-op

June 26th 2006

Four days post-op, now, and so far so good, I'm glad to say.

When I removed that blue gauze pad on Saturday morning, there was a tiny bit of bleeding from one of the stitches. The pad had been stuck to the stitches by a little dried blood, so I wasn't too worried. Sure enough, over the past couple of days the area around the stitches has stayed dry and un-swollen, so no problems with infection so far.

I'm amazed that there's been no discernible bruising, as far as I can make out. The scrotum skin's a bit red and dry-looking, but not excessively so.

There's no discomfort now when I remove the jockstrap and briefs. Just the occasional mild twinge when I first stand up. There's a very mild dull ache constantly in the background, but to be honest it's not enough to be a distraction, even.

I think my "getting off lightly" so far is probably down to:

(1) Luck

(2) The skill of the surgeon and theatre staff - it was done by a full team, in-theatre, and it seems the general good impression I had at the time was well-founded.

(3) My being *extremely* careful, especially during the first 24 hours or so. I basically moved as little as possible, kept my knees well apart, and made sure I slept on my back so I could keep pressure off the groin area.

I've not "tested the equipment" yet. But my policy of not rushing anything seems to be paying dividends so far, so the test flight can wait till I feel ready for it. Meanwhile I'm back at work today, and haven't needed to hit the paracetamol.

And, yes, I *do* know how lucky I am.

No comments: