Wednesday, July 05, 2006

8 days post-op

June 30th 2006

One week in, and things are not too bad. The whole area is still a bit tender, but the twinges are quite mild, and are only noticeable when I stand up after sitting still for a while. I'm down to 2 doses of paracetamol per day, and they're only as a precaution, really to ensure an uninterrupted night's sleep and a twinge-free journey to work.

I finally had a bath tonight. Since the weather's been not too warm this past week (and therefore not too sweaty) I managed to wait a week before bathing, to give the incisions time to heal thoroughly before getting them wet. After a tentative start, I really enjoyed my much-postponed bath. Most of the odd strands of fabric which had been stuck to the stitches floated off. It was good to wash off the flakes of dead skin from the scrotum - I think that's down to the various
surgical-grade antiseptic fluids and sprays with which it had been anointed before, during and after the procedure.

So everything's feeling a bit more *human* again, now. To celebrate I even tried a quick "solo flight" - the first outing since the op - and was relieved to find everything still in working order. I guess that's a common anxiety: "will it still work?". Well, it does, and I'm now looking forward to the first "dual flight" once the tenderness has receded a bit further.

Oh yes - one last thing. The hair's started growing back now. Prickly is the word...

No comments: