Thursday, October 19, 2006

Blankety Blank

Quite a short entry this time, since the news is very good, and very simply put. In the words of the letter my urologist handed me: "I wish to inform you that your last two specimens of semen were free from sperm and your vasectomy operation can now be regarded as complete". He suggested I might like to frame it. Well, perhaps not, but that letter instantly acquired "prized possession" status. I made it! And the mild occasional twinges and short periods of mild aching are infrequent and minor enough that I can consider myself one of the lucky proportion who don't have any subsequent medical problems. Not that I want to jinx myself with such optimism, but it's worth recording that, so far, I seem to have been successfully vasectomised without complications.

Phew!

With any luck, that's the last entry I'll be making here. I hope this blog will be of use to some of you considering a vasectomy, or facing one in the near future.

Best regards,

Paul.

3 comments:

Bad4URHeart said...

Thanks much for your blog. I am 3 days post-op and so far so good. I was looking for a timeline as to when the stitches fall off, and I think you provided a good estimate. One thing in my favor is I only have one incision.

Catbert said...

Thank you so very much for allowing us to follow you along with yours. I might just do the same with mine.

we deserve said...

Jaime

I just had my vasectomy a week ago and the pain did not begin until day 4. My scrotum is also the size of an avocado. I found this blog online and it is my bible as well. What remedies can I use to help the process go smoother and with less pain. I am hoping to hear from both of you very soon. Please contact me through my email at any time.


Jaime
jaimelwoodard@gmail.com